Conversation about Aristotle; Alexander and Pythia

Alexander:- You think I'm mad, of course.
Phythia:- No. Just very young.
Alexander:- All idealists are a little mad.
Aristotle is madder than anyone.
Phythia:- He's your tutor, isn't he?
Alexander:- He was. He's gone back to Athens now.
He believes in the world state, too, you know.
Phythia:- I see. And you are going to put his ideas into practice?
Alexander:- Yes. He doesn't approve of that.
Phythia:- I'm not surprised.
Alexander:- In fact, he doesn't approve of me at all.
He found me once reading a copy of the Iliad, and when he congratulated on my taste on literature and asked me what I liked best about it, I told him I thought it an invaluable military manual.
Phythia:- Ha ha ...
Alexander:- He was furious. No sense of humor at all.
I loved Homer, as a matter of fact.